Storage pool unavialable

Hi I am trying to reinstall lxd because I messed up somewhere. Actually I tried to increase the zfs pool size, and closed the terminal abruptly. On restarting I created more problems, so I am trying to reinstall lxd.

In uninstalling lxd, I started deleting everything, but I am unable to delete the default storage pool (the one that I was trying to resize).

lxd storage list:
±--------±-------±-------------------------------------------±------------±--------±------------+
| NAME | DRIVER | SOURCE | DESCRIPTION | USED BY | STATE |
±--------±-------±-------------------------------------------±------------±--------±------------+
| default | zfs | /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/disks/default.img | | 0 | UNAVAILABLE |

and for lxd storage delete default:
Error: Failed to remove directory “/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default”: remove /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default: directory not empty

How to resolve this? I just want to delete the storage pool and install lxd afresh

I’m sorry but given the recent actions from Canonical regarding LXD:

We really can’t be providing support to LXD users on this forum anymore.

You may want to consider switching to Incus instead, or if you’d like to stay on LXD, you should reach out on the Canonical forum instead.

Sorry about that!