Unable to create network in project

Hello,

I’m trying to create a network in a project, but the operation fails

$ lxc --version
$ lxc  project create testproject --config features.images=true --config features.profiles=true --config features.storage.volumes=true --config features.networks=true
$ lxc project switch testproject
$ lxc project list
+-----------------------+--------+----------+-----------------+----------+---------------------+---------+
|         NAME          | IMAGES | PROFILES | STORAGE VOLUMES | NETWORKS |     DESCRIPTION     | USED BY |
+-----------------------+--------+----------+-----------------+----------+---------------------+---------+
| default               | YES    | YES      | YES             | YES      | Default LXD project | 6       |
| testproject (current) | YES    | YES      | YES             | YES      |                     | 2       |
$ lxc network create aaa
Error: Option "network" is required
$ lxc network create aaa --project default
Network aaa created

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Do you have OVN setup?

No

You can only create OVN type project specific networks, and LXD is assuming that is the type you want (because you are in a network enabled project), and as such it is requesting you specify the uplink network (a network in the default project) for it to use to access the external network.

See

1 Like

Ok thanks, I was not aware that to create a network just for a project need a network of type OVN.