bmullan
(Brian Mullan)
October 4, 2026, 3:11pm
1
after upgrading from ubuntu 24.04 lts to ubuntu 26.04 lts
If I create a new Incus 26.04 VM it does gets an ip address
If I create a new Incus 26.04 CN it does NOT get an ip address
but
If I create a new Incus 24.04 VM it does gets an ip address
If I create a new Incus 24.04 CN it also does get an ip address
using tshark to watch for dhcp requests I
do see incus 24.04 CNs do a dhcp request
32 769.301764870 0.0.0.0 → 255.255.255.255 DHCP 327 DHCP Discover - Transaction ID 0x5a8d6cd0
33 769.323145552 10.167.47.1 → 10.167.47.45 DHCP 355 DHCP ACK - Transaction ID 0x5a8d6cd0
but I see no requests when creating an incus Ubuntu 26.04 CN
anyone have any suggestions what to look for?
stgraber
(Stéphane Graber)
October 4, 2026, 3:41pm
2
Probably worth looking at systemctl --failed and networkctl inside the container.
bmullan
(Brian Mullan)
October 4, 2026, 7:48pm
3
@stgraber
Here is the output from those commands from inside the ubuntu 26.04 container
# systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
0 loaded units listed.
==================================================
# networkctl
IDX LINK TYPE OPERATIONAL SETUP
1 lo loopback - unmanaged
6 eth0 ether - unmanaged
2 links listed.
also… fyi
$ incus --version
6.0.5
stgraber
(Stéphane Graber)
October 4, 2026, 10:58pm
4
unmanaged eth0 is a bit odd.
That’s a regular Ubuntu image, not a cloud image, right?
Can you check what’s in /etc/systemd/network/?
bmullan
(Brian Mullan)
October 5, 2026, 12:12am
5
@stgraber
Inside the 26.04 container:
root@cn1:/etc/systemd/network# ls -l
total 0
root@cn1:/etc/systemd/network#
—
I Iaunched the CN using
$ incus launch images:ubuntu/26.04 cn1