Weekly status for the week of the 2nd September to the 8th of September.
This past week saw the release of LXD 3.17 which includes most of the changes added to LXD in the last week.
LXD now has the ability to accept configuration from STDIN for
lxc init and
lxc launch commands, which eases the creation of containers with complex configuration (see LXD 3.17 release notes for more details and example usage).
The device re-work project has been completed, with the remaining unix-char, unix-block and disk device types being moved across. Work has now started on re-working the storage API in a similar fashion.
A bug in the way client URL paths were encoded that prevented modifying resources that had spaces or other non alphanumeric characters in them has been fixed.
On the LXC front there were some improvements to cgroup management and loop device setup.
There was also an improvement added to LXCFS to make the
/sys/devices/system/cpu/online emulation consistent when using CPU quota.
Finally, in distrobuilder this week, support for the distribution Apertis was added and our support for OpenWRT distribution was improved.
Linux Plumbers Conference - Lisbon
- Dates: September 9-11, 2019
- Attendees: @brauner @stgraber @sforshee @tyhicks
- [Containers micro-conference] (organizers)](https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/sessions/57/#20190910)
- System call interception
- Kernel Recipes - Paris
- Open Source Summit - Europe - Lyon
Linux Security Summit - Europe - Lyon
- Dates: October 31 - November 1
- Attendees: @brauner @stgraber
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Rework of internal LXD storage handling
- Distrobuilder 1.0 release
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- api/project: Fixes issue handling project names with URI encodable characters
- Device Unix
- Device Disk
- Device Types re-organise
- More storage cleanup preparation
- lxc/init: Add parse of options from stdin
- doc/storage: Clarify defaults for size
- lxc/init: Fix usage with no args
- Simplestreams handling cleanup
- DB schema tweak
- test: Adds storage quota tests
- Reverts root disk device non-empty pool check
- lxc/file: Fix error handling
- lxc/remote: Translatable string tweaks
- images: Use native Go tar for metadata
- API Instances endpoints
- doc/storage: Typo and example fix
- Add Apertis
- Detect minor release number in Apertis
- sources: Detect service releases for OpenWrt
- sources: Run OpenWrt correctly
- managers: Add --allow-downgrade to zypper
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report this week
- Updated to LXD 3.17
- Updated nvidia-container to 3.0.4