Weekly status for the week of the 20th of November to the 26th of November 2017.
This week has been split between some upcoming feature work (infiniband and clustering), helping some new contributors get started with contributing to LXD and doing a lot of backports to the stable branches.
Following the PPA deprecation warning we issued last week, we’ve also been busy with dealing with a number of issues related to the snap package as more users upgrade to it.
On the LXC side of things, we got quite a few contributions to various part of the code, which we’ve reviewed and merged.
Upcoming conferences and events
- FOSDEM 2018 (Brussels, February 2018)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Add support for infiniband devices in LXD
- New “proxy” device type for network forwarding in LXD
- Extend the /dev/lxd interface for LXD containers
- Distributed database for LXD clustering
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added support for overriding the LXD executable path as needed for smooth snap upgrades.
- Fixed the GPU passthrough code to support NVidia devices without the nvidia driver.
- Fixed a couple of problems in the autocompletion profile.
- Fixed lxc_init to set the control terminal for subprocesses.
- Fixed an overlapping strncpy
- Fixed lxc-test-unpriv to only delete the test user if it exists.
- Updated our documentation to cover lxc.namespace.
- Made some improvements to the lxc-oci template, adding support for unprivileged mode, writing /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts and more.
- Fixed a typo in the RPM spec file.
- Moved some libcap definitions over to utils.h.
- No change to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Uploaded LXD 2.0.11 to xenial-proposed (2.0.11-0ubuntu1~16.04.1)
- Updated LXD 2.0.11 in xenial-proposed with a couple of bugfixes (2.0.11-0ubuntu1~16.04.2).
- Fixed a number of runtime warnings related to os-release.
- Included some required ebtables modules.
- Updated a number of scripts to use /snap/lxd/current rather than the versioned path, fixing a number of issues on upgrade.
- Fixed cgroup handling for systems that have cgroupv2.