Weekly status for the week of the 16th to the 22nd of January 2018.
Nothing too major happened this past week. Part of the time was at an internal planning meeting and the rest have been working on clustering, preparation for 3.0 and fixing a variety of bugs.
Next week the entire LXD team will be travelling to Brussels to attend a small team sprint followed by FOSDEM! If you’re in town at some point between the 31st of January and 4th of February, let us know and we can meet!
Upcoming conferences and events
- FOSDEM 2018 (Brussels, February 2018)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Distributed database for LXD clustering
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Moved some internal functions to the shared package for use by external tools.
- Fixed some warnings from recent shellcheck.
- Fix some missing container struct initialization in migrate code.
- Fixed some formatting issues in documentation.
- Fixed handling of some paths when LXD is running in a snap environment.
- Introduced a new
lxc storage infosubcommand.
- Added a new LXC_ATTACH_ALLOCATE_PTY flag to attach()
- Fixed lxc-wait not blocking on not yet started containers.
- Fixed console handling on containers without a rootfs.
- Fixed propagation of exit code for application containers.
- Added code to remove lxc-init from the container on exit.
- Fixed the manpage entry for lxc.log.file.
- Fixed some error handling code in storage.
- Added some missing binaries to .gitignore.
- Updated the Japanese manpage translations for lxc-attach.
- Removed some unused network functions.
- Nothing to report
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report
- New builds have been published following the build farm being brought back online.
- Pushed more fixes related to xfs handling.