Weekly status for the week of the 23rd to the 28th of January 2018.
The focus of this week has been preparing for our trip to Brussels where we’ll be spending 3 days all working together on LXD before attending and presenting at FOSDEM.
@brauner is making good progress on preparing for the liblxc 3.0 release, moving all the various language bindings and tools out of the main tree and into separate repositories.
@monstermunchkin has also been busy working on our refreshed tooling for generating LXC and LXD images which will be replacing the dated template shell scripts in 3.0.
On the LXD side, @freeekanayaka is hard at work fixing a number of remaining rough edges around the clustering branch and working with @stgraber to get things going through CI and in shape so it can be merged very soon.
We’ve also been fixing a number of issues here and there to keep CI going and have been pushing a number of bugfixes and improvements to the LXD snap.
We’re all looking forward to seeing some of you in Brussels later this week!
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Distributed database for LXD clustering
- New image generation tool for LXC/LXD
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Fixed an issue with the new
proxydevice failing in the snap.
- Fixed a documentation issue for the
- Fixed test failures on Go tip.
- Fixed a number of coverity warnings and build issue on Android.
- Fixed error reporting in cgfsng.
- Fixed some issues with completely unprivileged containers.
- Replaced iproute with iproute2 in the Debian template.
- Cleaned up some of the seccomp handling code.
- Nothing to report
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report
- Include all the needs XFS tools
- Harden snap configuration handling
- Properly set LXD_EXEC_PATH when running with a debug binary
criuin the snap, protected by a new snap property (
- Fix the snap configuration option names in info text
- Bump Go to 1.9.3