Weekly status for the week of the 5th to the 11th of March 2018.
This past week the LXD team was meeting in Budapest, Hungary.
We spent most of our times working on a number of issues targeted at the final 3.0 releases.
@freeekanayaka worked with @stgraber to track down an fix a testing regression on s390x, then worked on CEPH support in LXD clustering as well as fixing some DB upgrade issues encountered by some of our beta users.
@monstermunchkin and @stgraber spent most of the week working towards getting identical image builds from distrobuilder as was produced by the old tooling.
@brauner worked on a number of kernel issues, tracking down some recent regressions in PTS handling affecting LXD containers.
@stgraber spent a bunch of time continuing the cobra port of
lxd which should be ready to merge later this week, before continuing with porting the final tool,
lxc itself to that new command line parser.
During that week, we also released the beta3 of LXD 3.0, fixed a few smaller unrelated bugs and gave a presentation at a Devops Meetup in Paris (remotely through video conference).
As distrobuilder is now out of its initial development stage, it’s been added to the summary below and will now be included in our weekly updates.
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- 3.0.0~beta2-0ubuntu3 was uploaded to debug a s390x regression.
- 3.0.0~beta2-0ubuntu4 was uploaded to debug a s390x regression.
- 3.0.0~beta2-0ubuntu5 was uploaded to debug a s390x regression.
- 3.0.0~beta3-0ubuntu1 was uploaded with a tentative fix for the s390x regression.
- 3.0.0~beta3-0ubuntu2 was uploaded with an updated fix for the s390x regression.
- 3.0.0~beta3-0ubuntu3 was uploaded with a final working fix for the s390x regression.
- The beta channel was updated to 3.0.0.beta3.