Weekly status for the week of the 26th of March to the 1st of April 2018.
The highlight for this week is the release of LXD, LXC and LXCFS 3.0!
Those 3 releases are LTS releases and will be supported for the next 5 years.
The relevant release announcements can be found here:
We’d like to thank every one of our contributors who made this possible!
The rest of the week was spent tracking down and fixing bug reports, setting up CI and git branches for all the new stable branches, writing the release announcements and demos and releasing packages for all of the different releases.
Upcoming conferences and events
- NorthSec (Montreal, May 2018)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Database management improvements
- Container backup and restore
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added a check for duplicate profiles
- Made the db package golint clean
- Added a new SHA512 download validator
- Ported the
lxccommand line tool to cobra
- Added a new
- Updated the
lxd initquestions to allow using existing bridges
- Re-worked the clustering related
- Added early validation of profiles during migration
- Improved error messages on remote operations
- Fixed a crash in
lxc image importwhen passed bad arguments
- Fixed building LXD on non-glibc systems
- Fixed a crash when
lxd init --autowas passed network address/port
- Made cluster terminology more consistent in the client tool
- Released LXD 3.0
- Added configure support for RedHat Enterprise
- Added support for passing a custom action script to CRIU
- Fixed some crashes
- Improved handling of umoci in lxc-oci
- Added support for environment variable copying
- Released LXC 3.0
- Released LXCFS 3.0
- Fixed default name and description
- Fixed building ArchLinux rootfs
- Fixed building CentOS based images
- Added some examples
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Uploaded lxcfs 3.0.0 to Ubuntu 18.04
- Uploaded python3-lxc 3.0.0 to Ubuntu 18.04
- Uploaded python3-lxc 3.0.1 to Ubuntu 18.04
- Uploaded lxc-templates 3.0.0 to Ubuntu 18.04
- Uploaded lxc 3.0.0 to Ubuntu 18.04
- Uploaded lxd 3.0.0 to Ubuntu 18.04
- Updated lxc in Ubuntu 18.04 to fix an upgrade issue
- Updated all our PPAs to match
- Synchronized packaging between the various branches
- Created 3.0 track for the new LTS
- Updated latest candidate channel to use the final 3.0 releases