Weekly status for the week of the 2nd to the 8th of April 2018.
As this was the week following our major 3.0 release, we’ve been very actively working on early bug reports and sorting out packaging for this in the distros.
This led to quite a number of bugfixes being done, issues investigated and a large number of updates to our snap and Debian packages for the various components.
We expect to keep this focus on bugfixing for the next 2-3 weeks so that we can ensure we meet our usual quality expectations after a major release and offer a smooth upgrade to our users. We’re also doing some work refreshing our 2.0 stable branches in preparation for the last major bugfix release of the projects before they enter the much slower security-only phase of their support.
All that being said, we have started work on a number of features targeted at LXD 3.1 and are planning to resume our monthly feature release schedule starting at the end of this month, putting us back into our normal release schedule until we start preparing for LXD 4.0 in a couple of years.
Upcoming conferences and events
- NorthSec (Montreal, May 2018)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Database management improvements
- Container backup and restore
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Made cluster terminology more consistent in the client tool
- Fixed pushing files to a remote LXD
lxd initnot to setup a remote pool by default
- Fixed interactive init failing to join a cluster using an existing ZFS dataset
- Fixed some more regressions caused by the cobra switch
- Fixed typo in
lxc network's help
- Fixed setting up of a CEPH pool on an existing cluster
lxd init's questions a bit and fixed
- Made it possible to follow symlinks in some cases during file transfers
- Switched to candidclient as IDM client for Macaroon based authentication
- Fixed adding certificate to trust store using the snap
- Fixed a bad
- Made it possible to override the LXD socket path through environment
- Updated Makefile to generate a manifest during
- Fixed deletion of snapshots containing spaces
- Tweaked the Japanese lxc.container.conf translation
- Fixed signal sending in lxc.init
- Fixed temporary file creation
- Fixed compilation with static libcap and shared gnutls
- Merged some CodeAI fixes
- Nothing to report this week
- Switched examples to be YAML files
- Added gentoo/portage support
- Fixed the Gentoo example
- Added validation for triggers
- Fixed a typo in a code comment
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Uploaded lxc 3.0.0-0ubuntu2 to fix an upgrade issue
- Uploaded lxd 3.0.0-0ubuntu2 with quite a number of cherry-picked fixes
- Uploaded lxd 3.0.0-0ubuntu3 with quite a number of cherry-picked fixes
- Added support for
nvidia-container-cliallowing the use of the new
- Silence some
- Added log rotation for lxd.log
- Fixed an upgrade issue from 2.0