Weekly status #47

Weekly status for the week of the 7th to the 13th of May 2018.

Introduction

Last week was supposed to be release week for LXD 3.1 but due to a number of technical issues and some needed fixes in targeted branches, we ended up pushing the release another week, now scheduled and on target for tomorrow.

On top of last minute touches for LXD 3.1 and dealing with the usual set of bug reports, we’ve also been planning the next few months, creating issues for all expected new features as well as setting up the next set of milestones.

The list of upcoming features can be found in the soon milestone on Github.
Features that are being worked on will appear in the list below and get targeted to a particular LXD milestone.

This week, @stgraber will also be giving a talk about Containers and security at the NorthSec security conference in Montreal, Canada.

Upcoming conferences and events

Ongoing projects

The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.

• Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
  • Various kernel work
  • Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD

Upstream changes

The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.

LXD

LXC

LXCFS

• Nothing to report this week

Distrobuilder

Distribution work

This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.

Ubuntu

Snap

1 Like

Containers and security - - - is there some way that we could get either a video of the talk or a written copy (a written summary might suffice)? (Please! I think this is information that the ‘normal’ user really needs - - - at least I think I do! - - - :slight_smile: !!!)

The talk will be recorded and made available on Youtube a few weeks after the event.

That is great - - - thank you!
(now to setup for sound - - - - )

https://nsec.io/speakers/#st-phane-graber