Weekly status for the week of the 4th to the 10th of June 2018.
With 3.0.1 behind us, this week was spent dealing with packaging the new bugfix releases, updating the snap package and fixing a number of newly reported issues.
Feature wise, we landed long awaited the cross-pool container copy/move and have made good progress on a number of improvements to the proxy device.
Half the team is now on vacation or away for other reasons so we’re expecting slightly slower progress than usual over the next week or so.
Upcoming conferences and events
- None confirmed at this time
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Unix socket support for the proxy devicec
- Rewrite of the LXC-to-LXD migration tool
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added support for cross-pool container copies
- Added logic to support older NVIDIA GPU drivers
- Simplified the attach_userns logic
- Fixed support for config overrides in
lxc moveand improved MAAS error logging
- Fixed a number of rsync related problems
- Fixed handling of
- Tweaked some log entries to include the errno
- Reverted a Seccomp parser change that was making our policies too strict
- Fixed a simple typo in a comment
- Fixed a good number of coverity issues
- Removed some deadcode from libpam-cgfs
- Fixed some more coverity issues
- Fixed even more coverity issues
- Fixed yet another coverity issue
- Fixed an issue with terminal mode and stdout
- Changed logic to only use newuidmap/newgidmap as needed
- Fixed unprivileged LXC to also run the network interface up script
- Made some improvements to the argument parser
- Fixed one last coverity issue
lxc-createto restore its old logging behavior
- Fixed a
getpwnamthread safety issue
- Fixed a double free in the attach code
- Nothing to report this week
- Fixed missing systemd in the ArchLinux example
- Tweaked the argument parser to not print its usage on errors
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Uploaded LXC 3.0.1 to cosmic
- Uploaded LXCFS 3.0.1 to cosmic
- Uploaded LXD 3.0.1 to cosmic
- Uploaded LXC, LXCFS and LXD 3.0.1 to bionic (waiting for review)
- Updated to LXC, LXCFS and LXD 3.0.1