Weekly status for the week of the 2nd to the 8th of July.
This week we added some more options to the “proxy” device in LXD, implemented container delete protection and fixes a variety of LXD issues. We also have a pull request now up for the new
lxc-to-lxd which needs some help to go through testing before getting included.
On the LXC side, we fixed a number of logging issues, CGroup configuration and did a bunch of code refactoring to reduce duplication between commands/library.
We’re also still actively working on getting Centos moved over to distrobuilder, hopefully shortly followed by the ArchLinux images.
Upcoming conferences and events
- Open Source Summit North America - Vancouver, BC (August 29-31)
- Linux Plumbers Conference - Vancouver, BC (November 13-15)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Rewrite of the LXC-to-LXD migration tool
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added configuration for socket owner configuration in proxy device
- Fixed some API issues with storage volume creation
- Added a better way to find unused TCP ports in the testsuite
- Fixed proxy socket mode (parse as octal)
- Updated the documentation to cover the name requirements
- Fixed stateful DHCPv6 with prefixes larger than /64
- Implemented container deletion protection
- Fixed firewall handling to also skip DHCP checksum filling when firewalling is disabled
- Fixed logging to not print a full websocket struct on error
- Added a patch to force a one-time config regen for people who upgraded to 3.0
- Cleaned up a number of API endpoint structs
- Fixed handling of operations in a LXD cluster
- Fixed recursive btrfs snapshots
- Fixed handling of
cgroup.useflag as well as improve logging
- Trimmed trailing dots in log messages
- Switched to mknod when creating device mount targets
- Fixed some fd handling issues
- Refactored some namespace identifier handling code
- Cleaned up code duplication in lxc-unshare
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Some upgrade fixes were pushed to LXD in Ubuntu 16.04 backports
- Cherry-picked some fixes for liblxc to fix memory/fd leaks