Weekly status for the week of the 9th to the 15th of July.
A lot got merged this week, the new
lxc-to-lxd was included, we added a way to override device configurations during copy/move, added some more configuration keys to the proxy device and added a way to extract a LXD preseed from a running server. That’s on top of a healthy shared of bugfixes.
On the LXC side, a new
lxc.monitor.signal.pdeath configuration key was added and quite a bit of refactoring and bug fixing happened.
Lastly, on the packaging side, we’ve been updating the snap package, including a wide number of fixes in there, improved
lxd.migrate a bit, updated CRIU to 3.10 and added logic to copy older client configuration to the snap.
Upcoming conferences and events
- Open Source Summit North America - Vancouver, BC (August 29-31)
- Linux Plumbers Conference - Vancouver, BC (November 13-15)
Getting started with LXD workshop in Vancouver
Details can be found here: http://sched.co/FANz
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Add support for custom volume snapshots
- Improve integration with macaroon/candid
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Fixed attaching CEPH custom volumes to cluster instances
- Added a way to override device properties during copy/move
- Added a built-in pprof server for debugging/graphing
security.gidconfig keys to the proxy device
- Reduced the frequency of raft snapshots
- Fixed CEPH keeping snapshots mounted during restore
- Tweaked the testsuite to always clear all mounts even on error
- Improved dnsmasq lease handling logic for IPv6
- Added a way to dump the current LXD configuration as a preseed
- Fixed an issue with cross-version container migration
- Added checks to prevent the deletion or renaming of the default profile
- Fixed the
lxc profile getcommand
- Fixed a type conversion issue in lxc-ls
- Fixed some autotools issues and cleaned up attach code
- Fixed handling of partially functional device nodes
- Fixed some coverity issues
- Fixed an error message in locking code to use SYSERROR
- Fixed incorrect strncmp in confile
- Switched lxc-unshare to using the LXC log system
- Switched lxc-unshare to using lxc lists for interfaces
- Added a new
- Added a test for
- Updated Japanese translations for
- Nothing to report this week
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Initial work on deb-to-snap upgrade update (for Ubuntu 18.10)
- Added root check to
- Bumped CRIU to 3.10
- Cherry-picked a number of upstream fixes to the latest snap
- Updated lxd.migrate to cleanup more packages
- Added support for lxd.migrate being called from the Ubuntu 18.10 deb package
- Added logic to automatically copy the user configuration on initial run of the client