Weekly status for the week of the 16th to the 22nd of July.
This past week, part of the team was traveling to a management meeting, the rest of the LXD team has been busy with bugfixes and features, gearing up for LXD 3.3.
A number of issues around the network API in LXD have been tracked down and resolved.
Quite a bit of work was done reworking dqlite to improve performance of the LXD clustering database, this will unfortunately miss LXD 3.3 but will be in LXD 3.4.
We’ve also done some smaller changes like adding support for the PROXY protocol in the
proxy device, made it possible to delete storage pools that only contain internal image volumes and improved error and documentation.
LXD 3.3 is now scheduled for release on Wednesday (25th) assuming no major issues are found in testing.
More work also went into the upcoming switch from .deb package to the snap for Ubuntu 18.10 users. A test package is now available (Ubuntu 18.10 only) that will do the automated migration. Should you have a test system around running Ubuntu 18.10 that you want to try this on, just do:
apt-add-repository ppa:stgraber/experimental-devirt apt update apt dist-upgrade
Issues with the upgrade should be reported at https://github.com/lxc/lxd-pkg-snap/issues
Upcoming conferences and events
- Open Source Summit North America - Vancouver, BC (August 29-31)
- Linux Plumbers Conference - Vancouver, BC (November 13-15)
Getting started with LXD workshop in Vancouver
Details can be found here: http://sched.co/FANz
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Add support for custom volume snapshots
- Improve integration with macaroon/candid
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added logic to prevent renaming or deleting the
- Added documentation for production IPv4/IPv6 neighborhood table settings
- Fixed internal StoragePoolVolumesGetNames function
- Fixed a typo in the AppArmor profile when nesting is enabled
- Added support for the haproxy PROXY protocol to the proxy device
- Tweaked config re-gen patch to be more fault tolerant
- Fixed some links in the API documentation
- Fixed PUT/PATCH of network configuration
- Improved error messages for network errors and added tests
- Fixed revert logic on network config errors
- Made it possible to delete storage pools that only contain image volumes
- Improved logging for some capability functions
-d/--daemonizeto Korean docs for
- Switched to
- Added long options to
- Improved error handling in attach code
- Fixed setting
errnoin error paths
pivot_root()under any path in
/usr/lib*/*/lxc`. Fixes openSUSE
- Added the atime flags on mounts in user namespaces
- Nothing to report this week
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Continued work on deb-to-snap upgrade logic
- Added logic to create the
- Re-synced packaging between all channels and tracks