Weekly status for the week of the 8th to the 14th of October.
This week we got to release LXD 3.6!
This was one of those feature packed releases with the main highlights being the inclusion of projects and custom volume snapshots!
We’ve been slowly rolling it out to users and dealing with a number of small update issues that popped up as well as fixing a number of rough edges around projects and clustering.
Upcoming conferences and events
- Linux Security Summit Europe - Edinburgh, UK (October 22-24)
- Open Source Summit Europe - Edinburgh, UK (October 25-26)
- Linux Plumbers Conference - Vancouver, BC (November 13-15)
- FOSDEM - Brussels, Belgium (February 2-3)
- GTC 2019 - San Jose, CA (March 17-21)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Incremental update of containers
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Implemented LXD projects
- Improved domain validation and pubkey handling in Candid
- Fixed progress handling when no terminal columns
- Fixed some initial issues with projects
- Fixed parsing of public property on image imports from file
- Fixed a few regressions in URLs for default project
- Fixed missing project field in some queries
- Fixed remote images handling with projects
- Updated the Japanese translation for stable-3.0
- Fixed container profile handling in projects
- Updated the Japanese translation for stable-2.0
- Added a new network property to set VXLAN TTL
- Fixed cluster shutdown with projects
- Fixed project-level visibility of custom volumes and URIs in the UsedBy profile field
- Fixed missing re-creation of default profile when turning on the project profiles feature
- Moved vfs3 fscaps detection to checkfeature
- Added ‘project’ subcommand to bash completion
- Increased the database timeout when creating indexes in db update 12
- Made it possible to relax our cipher list
- Fixed listing container backups with projects
- Sped up execution of update from v11 of the db
- Removed some unused variables
- Fixed RPM packaging error for static library
- Switched start hook ordering to run after lxc.mount.entry
- Fixed some cpuset initialization issues
- Added logging to prlimit setup
- Fixed container checkpointing
- Cleanup some of the abstract unix socket logging
- Enabled the use of -fno-strict-aliasing
- Updated checkconfig to handle missing kernel version
- Changed lxc-ini to log to /dev/console
- Nothing to report this week
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- LXC 3.0.2 is now in bionic-proposed
- LXCFS 3.0.2 is now in bionic-proposed
- LXD 3.0.2 is now in bionic-proposed
- Tweaked activate job to trigger on failure
- Updated to LXD 3.6
- Included some upstream bugfixes
- Tweaked activate to be faster on systems that never used LXD