Weekly status for the weeks of the 17th of December to the 6th of January.
Happy new year!
The LXD team was on break for the past two weeks and so we haven’t published weekly updates.
As a result, this update will cover the end of 2018 as well as the first week of 2019.
On the LXD front, we’re getting ready for the LXD 3.9 release this week which will primarily be a bugfix release on top of LXD 3.8 due to the limited development time with the holiday weeks.
For LXC, we’re getting ready to release the tenth bugfix update for the 2.0 LTS series, this will contain a very large selection of bugfixes accumulated over the past couple of years and should fix all user reported issues with LXC 2.0 that we’re aware of.
It looks like we’ve also finally worked out the last few details of moving CentOS image generation over to distrobuilder and will likely flip the switch later this week. This should be completely transparent as old and new images are virtually identical.
Upcoming conferences and events
- FOSDEM - Brussels, Belgium (February 2-3)
- GTC 2019 - San Jose, CA (March 17-21)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Rework of internal LXD storage handling
- Dqlite 1.0
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Exported the DownloadFileHash function
- Fixed handling of unix devices with liblxc 3.1
- Fixed some failures in our go test
- Cleaned up sleeps in the testsuite
- Updated bash completion for snapshot keys
- Fixed bad rendering in lxc monitor
- Added logic to read snap host certificates
- Fixed an issue with cluster schema upgrades
- Fixed the documentation for image metadata
- Fixed a crash in project listing
- Clarified a few things in our documentation
- Fixed argument count check for
lxc storage volume delete
- Updated LXD for the recent change of behavior in go-lxc
- Removed an obscure SIGWINCH signal handler
- Added logic to prevent destruction of pre-existing rootfs
- Switched lxc_write_to_file errors to using SYSERROR
- Fixed an issue with container copy
- Added a new lxc.seccomp.allow_nesting option
- Fixed an issue in cgfsng causing free of container_full_path on error
- Nothing to report
- Added support for sabayon and repository management
- Switched command environment to use a map rather than slice
- Exported the DownloadHash function
- Extended the package definition for more flexibility
- Fixed some issues with download hash matching
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Released LXD 3.0.3 to Ubuntu 18.04 users
- Backported LXC, LXD and LXCFS 3.0.3 to Ubuntu 16.04
- Fixed some mount namespaced related issues
- Improved snap state tracking for refreshes/reloads
- Fixed some unicode issues when spawning a text editor
- Added support for migrating clustered LXD installations