Weekly status for the weeks of the 7th to the 13th of January.
This past week we released LXD 3.9, updated the LXD snap accordingly and been going through bug reports from the holiday period.
Half of the LXD team then headed down to South Africa for a week of planning meetings, making this a pretty quiet week for us as far as upstream work.
We did still manage to finish porting our CentOS images over to distrobuilder. We’ll be looking at ArchLinux and Sabayon for the next round of conversions to distrobuilder.
Upcoming conferences and events
- FOSDEM - Brussels, Belgium (February 2-3)
- GTC 2019 - San Jose, CA (March 17-21)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Rework of internal LXD storage handling
- Dqlite 1.0
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added a missing column to
lxc image listhelp
- Fixed veth device name generation to allow Z in names
- Fixed building on Android
- Added handling for environments with no cgroups
- Fixed handling of kernels without cgroup namespaces
- Updated veth interface names to include the user id they belong to
- Nothing to report
- Fixed CentOS image builds
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report this week
- Cherry-picked bugfixes
- Updated the snap to LXD 3.9
- Updated Go to 1.11.4