Weekly status for the weeks of the 1st to the 7th of April.
The focus this past week was the release of LXD 3.12.
We also got to transition Plamo Linux over to distrobuilder and added Alt Linux to the list of images we produce daily!
The rest of our work was mostly bugfixing with some efforts going into looking at LXD’s memory footprint, code consistency and a variety of storage related fixes.
On the LXC side, we mostly saw bugfixes around our network handling code.
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Rework of internal LXD storage handling
- External RBAC support for LXD
- Dqlite 1.0
- Switching distribution building over to distrobuilder
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Improved our internal debugging functions
- Dropped our in-memory simplestreams cache
- Fixed a crash on refresh copy of non-existing containers
- Fixed snapshots of custom volumes on LVM
- Fixed custom volume copies
- Fixed some test failures
- Cleaned up internal use of shared.IsSnapshot
- Added i586 as an x86 alias
- Fixed a bad patch for the LVM snapshot rename
- Fixed a crash on misisng stdin during exec
- Fixed removal of OVS network interface
- Fixed some issues with pdeathsig
- Cleaned up lxc-user-nic
- Updated lxc-user-nic Japanese manpage
- Fixed building API doc under out of source build.
- Nothing to report this week
- Added an architecture map for AltLinux
- Fixed a typo in AltLinux architecture map
- Added all architectures to AltLinux map
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Updated the lxd shim package in disco.
- Uploaded an update to the lxd shim package to cosmic.
- Updated to LXD 3.12
- Cherry-picked upstream bugfix