Weekly status for the weeks of the 6th to the 12th of May.
The main highlight for this week was the release of LXD 3.13!
This includes some last minute feature additions like IPVLAN support and the syscall interception work. We also got to fix some last minute issues around clustering, CEPH and did some cleanup just before the release.
We are now looking at updating our stable branches with 3.0.4 in the horizon. After that’s out of the way, we will be transitioning to dqlite 1.0 and handle any needed transition/bumpiness that it may cause.
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Rework of internal LXD storage handling
- Dqlite 1.0
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- network: Adds IPVLAN support
- seccomp: add support for SECCOMP_RET_NOTIF_USER
- lxd/containers: Fix bad operation type
- Fix snapshots on CEPH
- lxd/storage/ceph: Only rewrite UUID once
- lxd/containers: Don’t fail on old libseccomp
- forkproxy: fix unix: address rewriting
- Fix some cluster reliability issues
- network: Fixes custom MTU not being applied during hotplug
- lxd/cluster: Fix race condition during join
- lxd/images: Properly handle invalid protocols
- lxd/seccomp: Really handle old libseccomp
- lxd/container: Early check for running container refresh
- Export LXC features in API
- Move some cgo to separate packages
- Improve performance of setting volatile keys
- network: IPVLAN cleanup
- container/lxc: Fixes ipvlan support check
- Fixes MTU tests for VLAN support in latest LXC
- utils: improve switch_to_ns()
- network: Adds custom mtu support for ipvlan interfaces
- network: Makes vlan network interfaces set mtu before upscript called
- network: Re-works veth gateway logic
- Devices created in rootfs instead of rootfs/dev
- Update Japanese lxc.container.conf(5)
- clone: add infrastructure for CLONE_PIDFD
- network: Adds mtu support for phys and macvlan types
- start: use CLONE_PIDFD
- Redirect error messages to stderr
- coding style: update
- New --bbpath option and unecessary --rootfs checks
- lxccontainer: do not display if missing privileges
- criu: Use -v4 instead of -vvvvvv
- Fix returning -1 in functions with return type bool
- initutils: Fix memleak on realloc failure
- Config: check for %m availability
- Use %m instead of strerror() when available
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report this week
- Updated LXD to 3.13
- Updated Go to 1.15.2
- Updated ZFS 0.8 to rc4
- Updated CRIU to 3.12
- Cherry-picked some LXD bugfixes
- LXD 3.13 got promoted to stable