Fantastic work all around on this project, so kudos for that!
- Recent-model Xeon 6C/12T at 4+ GHz
- 32 GB RAM
- Ubuntu Server 20.04.2
- LXD 4.16
- All installed packages are fully up to date
- Limits: 4 cores, 4 GB, 50 GB storage
- Win10 Pro
- Removed as many preinstalled apps as possible
- Disabled file content indexing on C:
- Installed: Java 8, Jenkins agent (running), some build tools (not running), and Firefox (not running)
With the gust having just booted, with no RDP connection,
top on the host shows 115% load for
qemu-system-x86. When I connect via RDP and open Windows task manager, task mgr shows 5-7% CPU utilization while the host varies from 110% to 150%.
Google results seem to point towards an issue with interrupts not playing nicely between Windows and QEMU, e.g.: https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/80p1q7/high_kvmqemu_cpu_utilization_when_windows_10/
Unfortunately I know virtually (pun!) nothing about QEMU, and I’m reluctant to start poking stuff into
raw.qemu in LXD just to see if anything sticks.
I’d be highly appreciative of any assistance!