The LXCFS team is pleased to announce the release of LXCFS 5.0.3!
This is the third bugfix release for LXCFS 5.0 which is supported until June 2027.
Some of the highlights for this release are:
- Fixes VFS caching issues when run under FUSE3
- Fixes some behavioral issues with the new /sys/devices/system/cpu filtering
- Fixes building on ia64
- Properly handles cross-personality content for /proc/cpuinfo
The full list of commits is available below:
- set oom_score_adj of lxcfs process to -1000
- init: respect --prefix when installing systemd unit files
- Fix build on ia64
- doc: guide for mount /sys/devices/system/cpu in docker demo
- utils: add safe_uint32() helper
- macro.h: add strnprintf macro
- utils: add get_task_personality helper
- cpuview: paththrough personality when reading cpuinfo
- cpuview: fix possible use-after-free in find_proc_stat_node
- github: make coverity workflow work with meson
- README: how to build with sanitizers
- cpuset_parse: check input string in cpuset_nexttok
- github: enable ASAN and UBSAN during PR tests
- lxcfs: explicitly enable direct_IO for libfuse3
- lxcfs: fix copypaste typo in error message
- /proc/stat: render physical cpu number in non-view mode
- sysfs: don’t mask cpus in /sys/devices/system/cpu
- lxcfs: handle NULL path in lxcfs_releasedir/lxcfs_release
- cpuview: fix ABBA deadlock in find_proc_stat_nod
The LXCFS 5.0 branch is supported until June 2027.
Only bugfixes and securitiy issues get included into the stable bugfix releases, so it’s always safe and recommended to keep up and run the latest bugfix release.