Weekly status for the week of the 7th to the 13th of August 2017.
Stéphane gave a talk about LXD and system containers on Debian, a recording is available:
Senthil Kumaran S of Linaro was also presenting LXC on Debian:
Extended CFP for containers micro-conference
You can send a proposal here: https://linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/ocw/events/LPC2017/proposals/new
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- External authentication support for LXD servers
- Delta download for LXD daily images
- Preparation for LXC 2.1
- Snap package improvements.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Implemented support for uid/gid shifting of filesystem ACLs.
- Reworked the ZFS utility functions.
- Fixed the UsedBy value for storage pools containing custom volumes.
- Fixed stateful snapshot restoration and made LXD respect the stateful flag in the API.
- Implemented support for the kernel “isolcpu” feature in LXD’s container CPU scheduler.
- Re-introduced code in the “lxc” tool to migrate the “images:” remote to the simplestreams protocol.
- Fixed GPU passthrough on systems using mixed GPUs.
- Made a number of internal client functions public, for use by downstream projects.
- Fixed bad JSON in rest-api.md.
- Updated the dnsmasq handling code to make the dnsmasq.raw file 0644.
- Fixed a memory leak in the realpath function.
- Re-ordered some headers to fix building of LXC on Android.
- Fixed the use of an uninitialized variable in the cgfsng cgroup driver.
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- LXD 2.16 was backported to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and 17.04 (in the backports pocket)
- LXC 2.0.8, LXCFS 2.0.7 and LXD 2.0.10 have also been backported to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
- Removed CRIU support from the snap as current CRIU doesn’t work with snap confinement.
- Fixed a number of issues with /run inside the snap environment missing files needed for DNS resolution to properly function.
- Fixed support for nesting, allowing the LXD snap to be installed inside an unprivileged LXD container.
- Added libacl as required by the recently introduced ACL shifting code.
- Changed the LXD daemon directory to be 0755 rather than 0711, having it now be the same as the .deb package.