Weekly status for the week of the 7th to the 13th of August 2017.
Christian Brauner (@brauner) and Stéphane Graber (@stgraber) were attending Debconf17 in Montreal.
We had the opportunity to catch up with colleagues, friends and users.
Stéphane gave a talk about LXD and system containers on Debian, a recording is available:
Senthil Kumaran S of Linaro was also presenting LXC on Debian:
Extended CFP for containers micro-conference
As we still have a number of slots available for the containers micro-conference at Linux Plumbers 2017, we've decided to extend the CFP. All current proposals have been approved.
You can send a proposal here: https://linuxplumbersconf.org/2017/ocw/events/LPC2017/proposals/new
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can't be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Nothing to report this week
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- LXD 2.16 was backported to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and 17.04 (in the backports pocket)
- LXC 2.0.8, LXCFS 2.0.7 and LXD 2.0.10 have also been backported to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
- Removed CRIU support from the snap as current CRIU doesn't work with snap confinement.
- Fixed a number of issues with /run inside the snap environment missing files needed for DNS resolution to properly function.
- Fixed support for nesting, allowing the LXD snap to be installed inside an unprivileged LXD container.
- Added libacl as required by the recently introduced ACL shifting code.
- Changed the LXD daemon directory to be 0755 rather than 0711, having it now be the same as the .deb package.