Weekly status for the week of the 26th of June to the 2nd of July 2017.
The highlight of this week was the release of LXD 2.15 on Tuesday. We've then been pushing a number of bugfixes on top of that, updating our packages for the most important fixes.
We've also kept busy with a lot of bug fixing across the board, ongoing refactoring and cleanup work on LXC as well as planned feature work on LXD.
- We'll be presenting at Debconf 2017 this August in Montreal, Canada.
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can't be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added the option to pass a debug flag in order to better debug
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- LXD 2.15-0ubuntu1 was uploaded to the development release and PPAs.
- LXD 2.15-0ubuntu2 was uploaded with fixes related to the new client code.
- LXD 2.15-0ubuntu3 was uploaded with a fix to the new operation cancellation code.
- LXD 2.15-0ubuntu4 was uploaded with a fix for error handling of file operations.
- LXD 2.15 will be made available through backports later this week.
- The snap will now detect Debian systems and properly configure container nesting.
- The wrapper scripts now log their actions to the systemd log.
- The wrapper scripts were updated so that in most cases, refreshing the LXD snap will no longer cause all containers to be restarted.
- LXD 2.15 was uploaded to the candidate channel (will move to stable early this week)
- The snap was updated with fixes related to the new client code.
- The snap was updated with a fix for the new operation cancellation code.
- The snap was updated with a fix for error of file operations.