Weekly status for the week of the 17th to the 23rd of July 2017.
Part of the team was traveling this week but that didn’t prevent us from getting quite a lot of work done.
Ceph support in LXD is now up for review and expected to be included in the upcoming LXD 2.16 release.
A lot of progress has been done in backporting all relevant fixes to the LXC 2.0 stable branch in preparation for the upcoming LXC 2.0.9 bugfix release.
- Debconf 2017 (August)
- Open Source Summit, Linux Plumbers and Linux Security Summit (CFP for Linux Plumbers) (September)
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- External authentication support for LXD servers
- Ceph as a LXD storage backend
- Delta download for LXD daily images
- Preparation for LXC 2.1
- Snap package improvements.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Added support for stateful migration of snapshots.
- Added API support for editing containers publish metadata and templates.
- Made the command line tool update aliases rather than fail when they already exist.
- Updated the containers.md documentation to include more links.
- Fixed “lxc image copy” not recording the image source with LXD.
- Fixed “lxc image refresh” when an image fingerprint is used.
- Improved idmap check when attaching a storage volume to a profile.
- Internal rename of compression_algorithm to compressionAlgorithm.
- Fixed config directory handling on Windows.
- Backported various bugfixes to the stable 2.0 branch.
- Fixed read-only root filesystem mounts on older kernels.
- There’s ongoing work to re-implement all storage drivers.
- Nothing to report this week other than some bug triaging.
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Nothing to report this week.
- Fixed “migrate-from-deb” to work with LXD 2.15. This tool is still very much a work in progress and currently restricted to the “edge” channel.