Weekly status for the week of the 24th to the 30th of July 2017.
This week we released LXD 2.16 featuring Ceph RBD support and many more improvements and bugfixes!
We've otherwise been pretty busy preparing for the upcoming LXC 2.1 stable release and working on other LXD features such as the external authentication and delta support for image downloads.
The LXD snap has also seen a number of improvements with a complete rework of the storage handling code, introducing the base for LVM and Ceph support in the snap.
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can't be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Nothing to report this week other than some bug triaging.
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- Uploaded LXD 2.16 (2.16-0ubuntu1) to the Ubuntu development release.
- Uploaded a bugfix release of LXD (2.16-0ubuntu2) to the Ubuntu development release.
- Updated the candidate channel to LXD 2.16.
- Released LXD 2.16 to the stable channel.
- Updated the edge channel with support for LVM, CRIU, initial integration of Ceph and text editor improvements.